Thursday, September 22, 2011

I do not want to let go!

Let go of the apron strings, that is!  My youngest DD is 19 and is wanting to audition for the Phantom Regiment Drum Corp colorguard.  Now, I don't have a problem with her performing in a colorguard, but I do have a problem with where this DC is located--Rockford Illinois. We live in KY and this is about a 9 hour drive from home. She would be gone for 3 months traveling around the country performing in DC competitions. 19, she is only 19. I hate that she wants to go. Hate that she would be gone for 3 months. Gone for 3 months and be over 9 hours away. This is the pits.  She is my baby--I hate that she is growing up and not needing me--me--her mother.
    I love the fact that she is strong, independent, and confident enough to do this. I love that she is willing to torture herself in the hot sun the entire summer to be able to do something she loves. I love to see the excitement in her face when she talks about going. Simply.... I love her.  I love her and will support her.  I have taught her well and have to trust her to stay on the correct path and not be swayed by peer pressure, remember all I have taught her and to fly.  No, that is not right--SOAR!  I want her to live her life with confidence and respect herself. To set goals and to accomplish them. To have a joyful, happy, good life. 
  In order for this to happen, I have to let go of the apron strings. God knows I do NOT want to, but I have to....for my DD. So guess who is driving her to Wisconsin for auditions in November?  Yep, that would be me!  Cannot stand the thought of her taking a bus or plane up there alone, so I will drive her up. I 'll just loosen the knot a little bit at a time.  By May when she will go, the strings will be untied, I hope! ;)

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment