Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Last Week's Frugality






  Last week was a very frugal week for our family.  I had been on medical leave for the last 10 weeks and let me tell you 60% of your pay is not enough to live on!  So our measly food budget total was $52.00.  I spent an hour going over and over the grocery ad trying to come as close to $50 as possible.  I shopped the buy 5 get $5 off sale and saved over $15 dollars.  We are doing without some stuff but we'll survive! Still have 2 freezers full and a stuffed pantry!
  
  My cousin Charles brought us a bucket full of cukes and tomatoes! Boy, have we enjoyed those and they couldn't have come at a better time!




  I blanched and froze a mess of green beans we were given last week.  Think these will be good for Thanksgiving so I'll be saving them!



  We bought gas at Kroger and saved $.40 per gallon. Not a great savings but it beats nothing! 
   We made a pot of northern beans and ate on them 3 days last week.  My Mother can make a meal out of them and an onion!




  I went to the Goodwill but didn't find anything--savings of ????  I am trying not to spend over $5 each trip so I saved $5.00.




  We stayed home all week except to go to Goodwill and grocery (one trip).




  For entertainment we swam a few days and watched TV.




Well, that is about it for our family.  What have you been saving money on ?




Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment