Monday, March 4, 2019

Last Week's Frugality

  This week I added quite a bit to my pantry.  I purchased a case of trash bags for
$9.88,  and a box of DW detergent (85) for $12.88.  Both of these were good prices and will last a long time!


   I added 5 double boxes of Betty Crocker au gratin potatoes $1.45 per box.  I also added 5 cans of Dinty Moore Beef Stew.  They were on the buy 5 get $5 off sale and I had a coupon for $1 off of 2.  Cheap stew!!  My family loves shells and cheese so I was able to add 6 boxes to my stash.  They were not on sale but if you bought 3 products you get the Click list shopping fee taken off so I saved $4.95 this way. At least I got something for my money.
  
   This week Meijer had pork chops on sale for 99 cents per lb. so I picked up several packs to separate into meal sized portions and to freeze.  Hamburger was on sale for $1.99 per lb. so I stocked up on that as well. 

  I packed my lunch all 5 days!  Yeah!!!


  I have my Pantry stash built up to the point at which I just am buying the basics(eggs, bread, milk and veggies/fruits) and picking up sale items to help build my stash.  I do not have to go shop every week for my weekly food--I shop my stash!  It is so convenient and by buying the sales and loss leaders, I almost always am buying my food as cheaply as I can get it and that saves so much! 
     
Frugal Blessings,
Lisa
 

2 comments: