Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My "New" Folk Art Cake Plate--revisited

I love Phaltzgraff's Folk Art patterned dishes. I have been trying to find a cake plate/stand in that pattern but haven't had any luck so I decided to make one!  I had an extra sugar bowl without a lid so I used that and one of my dinner plates.
I used E8000 Glue on the bottom of the sugar bowl and glued it to the bottom side of the plate.

Just let dry and viola.....

My "New" Folk Art Cake Plate/stand!

Of course it can be used as a table centerpiece also!

You can use glass plates and vases to make your "new" cake plates as well! What about a saucer and a candlestick for individual desserts?
Have fun and use your imagination!  I would love to see pics of any you make!

Blessings,
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. My Momma makes these too. They are so pretty :)Blessings! ~ Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki,
    They are pretty aren't they? Hope to hear from you again. Thanks for commenting--I love the feedback!
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. My parents have those dishes and they are beautiful.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete