Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Homemade Pumpkin Butter



My aunt had several pumpkins left over from her Fall decorating and gave them to my Mom. So my Mom made pumpkin puree. She was going to freeze it but I had a brainstorm--Pumpkin Butter!  Earlier this year I read an article on the Pick Your Own website on making pumpkin butter. Here is the link: http://www.pickyourown.org/pumpkinbutter.php  
You can look around on this website for any questions on canning--it is my go to site!
I used the recipe on that website to make a crockpot full of pumpkin Butter. While they do not reccomend canning it, you can safely freeze it and that is just what I did!  I highly reccomend the Ball Plastic Freezer jars--they have screw on lids.  I think I am going to have to purchase more of the 8 oz. size to store individual servings of homemade yoghurt.
8oz Jars
I plan on giving several of the freezer jars of Pumpkin Butter to family members for Christmas Gifts. It is delicious!
Blessings,
Lisa





















                           

No comments:

Post a Comment