Monday, November 13, 2017

Last Week's Frugality

  Hello Dear Readers!


        Last week was a pretty frugal week.  I didn't receive a coupon from Big Lots so we didn't go--saved at least $10!!


       At the Goodwill, I found a very nice rubber spatula  and a metal spatula for $.50 each,  The metal one will be perfect for cookies next month!  I also found a teal glass bowl to match my Pioneer Woman glasses. We found a runner for my slate hallway(this was on my list to do to save money on the utilities).  The slate floor is always freezing cold on our tootsies so the runner will help keep us warmer. I only paid $10 for it so it was a great deal!


   My aunt gave me 2 pumpkins, so I spent Sunday cooking them, scooping the puree out and
freezing it.   I ended up with 15 2 cup bags of pumpkin puree.  This will probably meet my  family's pumpkin needs for the next year-  Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, and pumpkin roll!  Thanks Aunt Jane!


  We still haven't used the furnace.  We use propane for heat and it is very expensive plus  we have to pay a hefty deposit for it up front and that is rough to do. We have however, used an electric baseboard heater in the living room and an oil filled electric heater in the kitchen when needed.   I know electric heat isn't cheap but we can pay monthly instead of money up front.  My DH and I have a wood burning insert in each fireplace but my Momma is on oxygen so they cannot be used. Bummer, heavy sigh!


  We saved $.60 per gallon of gas by using our Kroger points again!!

I also picked up my Free Friday Download at Kroger--a free cup of kefir, and used coupons and sales to save $19.00  at Kroger.


  I got our turkey for $.48 per pound.  Also used coupons  and sales to save $23.79  at Meijer.


What have you done to save money lately?  Pleas share in order to bless others!


Frugal Blessings,
Lisa


  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment