Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Well, Hello Again!

Hello All!
  So sorry I have been MIA for the last few months!  With the coming of summer, We opened our pool and I enjoyed that for a little while!  My DH has been having a rough summer.  Lots of seizures. And then  I fell up 3 stairs at work, broke my heel bone and had to have surgery.
Back piece of heel bone broke with Achilles tendon still attached!
I have been non weight bearing for almost 2 months now.  Off work and adding to my problems, I have been in a major funk. Depressed and bored.  The icing on the cake is that my baby moved out!
Me and Kait after  College Graduation!  I miss my RN!
Can you say empty nest syndrome?    My Dh is struggling with the empty nest thing as well.  We have been so focused on raising our children that we do not know what to do or how to act with them gone!  They have been our life.....so now what????  I almost feel like I am just waiting to die. What do we do now??  I told you I have been in a funk!!! Lol!
     So I have not accomplished much in the last 2 months but I am still standing!  Well, at least figuratively!  

     How have you spent your summer?  I hope yours has been better than mine!

Blessings,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of all your trials. But just remember that is all they are. The foot will heal. The seizures can be gotten under control and the RN is right where you spent the last 20 years preparing here to be. My prayers are with you, that you will begin to see some flashes of light at the end of the tunnel. From experience, when my boys left the nest. (2 within 9 months) we had this same thing. We had soent so much time and energy on them we really didnt know what else to do. We started really focusing on rach other and came thru better than ever. You will to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Kim! It helps to hear someone else that has gone through the same thing! I think we will come though this better than ever but I think it's gonna be a long process! Thanks so much for your comment!

      Delete