Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Rememberance of My Grandma

      Do you remember anything that your Granny did that brings back special memories?  I do!  One in particular was my Grandma's love of flowers.  She used to have rows of flowers in the garden and also in pots all over the house and yard. One particular container was an old galvanized wash tub that sat on a stump just outside of the back door.  Everytime you went in and out of that old wooden screen door( I can still hear the Thwack as it slammed) you saw the tub of Moss Roses she grew there. They were a beautiful mix of summer color that I haven't forgotten to this day.  She would plant the seeds very closely so the plethora of moss roses hung over the top of the tub.  I always loved those flowers.  Loved the quantity of beauty they encompassed, loved the variety of summer color they provided.  Great memories of my Grandma!  So in order to keep those sweet memories alive, I too have a galvanized container of moss roses!  I haven't found a huge wash tub for them yet, but just a galvanized bucket-my own small reminder of my Grandma! 












   I am sure Grandma is smiling down on my little bucket of moss roses right now!!
 Do you have any special reminders of loved ones in your yard?



Memorable Blessings to you all,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment