Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Last Week's Frugality



  Last week was a no spend week except for our budgeted food costs.  We actually spent less than we budgeted for therefore saving over $20 in groceries. It was basically a bread, milk, and eggs run! Then  I was able to use a $4 rewards on my grocery order saving even more! Cha ching!!!
  We ate at home every night.
  I cooked a whole chicken and used the broth to make chicken and dumplings.  Then with the extra chicken, I made a casserole and  I have enough to use for 2 meals this week!  $4.08 for the meat for 4 meals for 4 adults! Go Me!  But that isn't all, I cooked the carcass and made a small pot of bone broth flavored with celery, onions and carrots.  Remember to add vinegar to the pot to help leach out the bone goodness! I got 3 quart baggies full of mouthwatering, nutritious bone broth for soups this winter. SO much goodness from one chicken I found on sale!  Now that is stretching the budget!! Lol!
  I got several tomatoes from my volunteer tomato plant!  
  We made banana bread out of several VERY ripe bananas so as not to let them go to waste!
  I made home made Rice a Roni last week. Got 3 times as much for less than the price of a store bought package. Love my homemade Rice a Roni--I added a little chicken that I cooked to make the Rice a Roni an entrée!  Stretching the chicken some more!!
  Since I didn't spend my budgeted food amount, I ordered my Knorr chicken and beef bouillon  from Walmart to stock up my pantry.  2 large jars for only $9.76.  This is my stock up my stash purchase for the last 2 weeks! I use it for soup base and for gravy flavoring during the winter! 
    What have you added to your stash/pantry lately?
 
Knorr Beef Flavor Bouillon, 35.3 ozKnorr Hispanic Chicken Granulated Bouillon, 35.3 oz
They are just $ 4.88 each at Wally world.
I am not an affiliate of Walmart, just like low prices!

What did you save money on last week?

Frugal Blessings,
Lisa

  

No comments:

Post a Comment