Monday, September 18, 2017

Last Week's Frugality




    




    I have to confess......we ate out one night last week. I know, I know, we shouldn't have, but I had to go shopping for the wedding. So my Dh ordered hoagies for everyone. We paid for convenience big time!  My daughter's wedding is costing us more and more one way or another!! :)
  My uncle gifted us with cabbage and tomatoes fresh from his garden!  Thanks so much Uncle Howard!!
 We used the rest of the chicken I cooked last week.  I love stretching meat into several meals, don't you?
  I found my dress for the wedding on clearance at Dillard's.  It was originally $169.99 but marked down to $39.99 plus tax! Savings of $130.00! I must give credit to my daughter's for finding it-Thanks Jess and Kait!
  I made the cake stand for my daughters wedding cake--cost me $2.00.  I found a large vase and a large plate at the Goodwill and glued them together with E6000 glue.  Her cake isn't too big so that will work just fine!  $2 beats the cheapest one we could find at $29.99! Score one for me!
Beautiful Botanical Apples Image!  Finished the silk flowers for the wedding.  I think they are beautiful if I do say so myself!  They cost about $165 to make all of them except the bridal bouquet.  6 bouquets, 9 boutonnieres, 5 corsages, 2 kissing balls and other décor would have cost well over $500, so we have saved a ton on the flowers alone!  Cha Ching!  The bridal brooch bouquet cost about $40 for the brooches(Gma furnished most) and flowers so that is a great savings as well--Some are over $300 on Etsy!
  I was given about a half bushel of apples so, with my Mother's help, we canned 7 pints plus of apple butter!  Yummy!
  It has been a busy but productive week--the wedding is getting closer!  I am getting so nervous but looking forward to it!  Maybe when it is over we can get back to normal! But hey, what is NORMAL????



Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment