Friday, November 10, 2017

Baking Traditions at my House

Retro Image – Baking Mom / Wife
   I don't know how it is with your family, but our holiday's are filled with Food, Folks, and Fun! ( Sorry for the McDonald's tag line)  Lots and lots of food!  Think back on some of your holidays--they revolved around food didn't they?  See I told you!



  For example, it wouldn't be Thanksgiving at our house without Grandma's carrot cake or my homemade pumpkin pie!  I tried to take a short cut one year and bought frozen pies and you would have thought the world had come to and end! Geez....my kids were mad because the pies, and I quote "sucked".  We have never had store bought pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving again!! Lol!


  At Christmas time, we have KY stack cake (my favorite) that the recipe has been passed down thru the generations!  This is my year to make it with tutelage from my dear Momma! She is ever so particular about it!
 
Rum cake is another holiday favorite at my house.  It tastes and smells amazing due to the dark rum that it is made with.  If you want to send a cake to someone, this one ships well--the rum preserves it! This cake can be made early and placed in the freezer to save you time during the holidays!


  Then there is the  jam cake that is to die for!  My Momma likes to make it with blackberry jam, but I prefer it made with strawberry jam.  To make it even more delectable, she brushes wine on it for days before we are allowed to eat it!  Can you say HEAVENLY? 


  In the next few weeks I will be sharing some the recipes for our family baking traditions!  So start finding your own traditional baking recipes to share with us as well!

Traditional Holiday Blessings to you all,
Lisa

 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment