Monday, November 6, 2017

Last Week's Frugality

Hello Dear Readers!
    Last week was a pretty frugal week.  We stayed home for the most part and saved on gas.  We are pretty boring people actually! Lol!
 
   My Mother cooked a  half pork tenderloin and we had pork roast for one meal and  pulled pork BBq for 2 more meals.  Yes. we had pork tenderloin last week also, but when it is cheaper than hamburger, you eat it more often!  We stretched that $8 dollar tenderloin for 3 meals--not too shabby if you ask me!

  I received another $5 off $15 coupon for Big Lots!  I used it to stock up on spaghetti, and noodles.  I was able to add 4 lbs of spaghetti, and 2 bags of egg noodles to my pantry stash this week and all for free!!  Now you may be thinking that I had to spend $10 to get the freebies but I include that in my grocery budget and buy sunflower seeds, pepitos (shelled pumpkin seeds which I love) and we love the Bear Creeks Soup mixes which they carry! So it is easy to find things we like and use there!

  I used my Kroger points to get $.60 per gallon off!  Saved about $5 on a tank!  We accrue points from our pharmacy purchases-We take a lot of meds!

  I stayed in budget for my groceries this week!  It has been pretty easy to do since we have 2 stocked freezers full of meat!  We need to be using what we have so I can stock up on turkeys and ham during the holiday season!

  The weather was nice enough to not turn on the space heater!  Still holding off on turning on the furnace!!! Yeah!!

  I found a brand new game at the Goodwill for just $2.  I will be putting it in the the box for the family we have adopted for Christmas.  Also found a nice storage container for my pantry.  I'll be needing it as I build up my pantry stash at Big Lots!  It cost $1.

  Well, that is about it for for us, What have you saved money on lately?

Frugal Blessings,
Lisa

Please pray for the innocent people involved in the Sutherland Springs Texas church shooting.  Such a shame!





No comments:

Post a Comment