Monday, October 29, 2012

Puttin' up Apple Butter

Hello all,
  Isn't fall just a wonderful time of the year?  I love it!  Fall colors, sweater weather, spiced tea, hot apple cider and apple everything!  My family, especially my oldest son, loves apple butter and hot biscuits for breakfast. Well, DS #1 loves them anytime of the day, but I digress. So I decided to make my family very happy by making  some homemade apple butter for them!
  I love the canning instructions and recipes on  http://www.pickyourown.org.  They are so easy to understand and have great pics. So if you are interested in making it for the first time, I highly recommend them.  I am not affiliated with them, just love the site!  Here are some pics of my puttin' up Apple butter:

Thickening up!
 
Sterilizing jars in oven.
Every jar pinged.  Brings a smile to my face everytime!
 
Homemade Fall goodness for my Family!
 
Blessings,
Lisa
My

4 comments:

  1. Morning
    Oh don't you just love to hear the PINGS!
    Looks yummy.
    Blessings
    Trace


    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's music to my ears! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a great day!
      Lisa

      Delete
  2. We like apple butter on biscuits. I will also use it on pumpkin bread.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Cheryl! Nice to hear from you!
      Blessings,
      Lisa

      Delete