Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Batch Cooking to save time and money!


 

 Hello all,

  Cooking  once and  eating 3 times is a great way to save time and money!    One of my favorite things to cook in bulk is Pork Tenderloin.  I am able to buy pork tenderloin at our local Meijer for $1.49-$1.89 on sale.  When I find them this cheap, I buy several for our freezer.   The crockpot (my favorite appliance) is my friend in the kitchen!  Just put the whole tenderloin into the crockpot and cook on low for 7-8 hours.  You can salt and pepper if you want.
 
  When done, I slice/pull the tenderloin apart. 
 

At this point, you can use it all to make BBQ or take out several baggies full to freeze for later meals.  I add the pulled pork to gravy and serve over bread and mashed potatoes or make pork and gravy with noodles.
 
 Almost no work to get several meals worth of pulled pork!   So cooking once  and eating 3 times is a tremendous time and money saver!

Frugal Blessings,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I love cooking ahead of time! Thank you for sharing at Back to the Basics for Tuesdays with a Twist!
    Have a wonderful week!

    http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/2013/09/tuesdays-with-twist-24.html

    ReplyDelete