Friday, May 16, 2014

Speaking Engagement Plus!


Hello to all of my Blogging friends.  I hope this post finds you all happy and healthy!
 

  Several weeks ago, I was approached by a member of the Hospital Auxilliary Board where I work.  She knows that I love herbs and have made herbal soaps so she asked me to speak at the May Board Meeting/Luncheon.  I was so shocked and flattered that they asked me!  Of course I said yes!! Then I started doubting myself and started to worry about the speaking engagement. Well, that day finally rolled around and I had my program all planned out, got started and promptly did NOT use anything I had prepared.  I had brought a basket of potted herbs and just talked about my first exposure to herbs then described the uses for the potted herbs that I brought. I broke off pieces of each and passed them around  guess what---they really seemed to enjoy it.  I gave out a recipe for my Herbal Hot toddy Tea(it is amazing when you have a cold). I had purchased chamomile and peppermint tea bags from San Francisco Herb Co. to pass out and they really liked that!  Then I drew names for the basket of herbs that I brought. Who doesn’t like freebies?  All in all, I really enjoyed myself and I felt it was a big success-I hope to get other speaking engagements in the future! 

  I honor of my first speaking engagement, I will be giving away 20 chamomile and 20 peppermint tea bags, soap, and several more items from Herb and Botanicals to one lucky blogger next Friday May 24th.  To enter please just follow my blog or sign up for my e-mail and then leave a comment in the comment section telling me you have done so. If you are already a follower, just comment that.   Post about my giveaway on your blog and leave a comment and link about that for another chance. If you share this on face book, leave me a comment telling me you did so for another way to enter! So there are three ways to enter!  Good luck and may the best blogging friend win!

Herbal Blessings,

Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your successful speaking engagement. No doubt your audience learned a ton from you that day. I like how you incorporated herbs and dried flowers on the promo poster. I am a gal who loves all things paper and stationery...if truth be told I have a draw just bursting with it! Visiting you via "TheFarmBlogHop."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome to my humble blog! I love hearing from readers and appreciate the time taken to comment! I hope you will stop back again very soon! I enjoy card making and stamping--I hope to make a bunch of cards for Christmas gifts!
      Blessings,
      Lisa

      Delete
  2. Yes, congratulations on the speaking engagement! I love herbs and would enjoy some tea! Thanks for all the information on your blog, as I'm always learning new ways to save! Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I have already been a winner on your blog, please don't enter me in this giveway. I just wanted to pop in and congratulate your on your speaking engagement! And thanks for the name of the SF Herb co, I will be looking at that for things I would like to find.

    And again, thanks for keeping blogging, I read and learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Friend! Thanks you --I had a great time speaking at the Auxilliary luncheon/board meeting! SF Herb is a great resource but the shipping is a little pricey.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Hope you and yours are well!
      Lisa

      Delete
  4. Just found you from the New Life on a Homestead blog and am enjoying your frugal posts. I signed up to receive your posts through email. I love all things frugal and especially love frugal posts about gardening and herbs.

    Thanks for blogging! Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah,
      Thank you so much for stopping by and signing up for the e-mail feed! I hope you enjoy my blog and keep coming back! Comments from my bloggfing friends are so very welcome and appreciated!
      Thank you,
      Lisa

      Delete