Monday, May 18, 2015

Last Week's Frugality



Hello,
  Hope you all had a great week!  I have had a very good week myself!

 I posted some redneck wineglasses on a Facebook yard sale page and sold 4!  I cleared $20 on them!!  Cha ching!!
 
 I had a  grad cake order and cleared $22 on it!  Yippee!!! 

  Our local Meijer had hotdogs on sale for $.69 per pkg.  I was able to add 10 to my freezer stash.  They also had cake mix for $1 per box and as I have a wedding cake to make in June and my Granddaughters birthday cake in 2 weeks, I added 20 boxes to my pantry.

  I added 2 jars of pepperoncini to my Christmas stash this week--both were on sale at Meijer. Walmart had jars of roasted red peppers cheap so I bought one of those for my Christmas stash also.  I now have all canned veggies/olives for the antipasta tray I serve on Christmas eve. My Christmas stash list (on the side) is growing!! Every bit I pick up early will make the holidays much better financially!

  My Goodwill trip was pretty successful--I found a top for just $1.39 and it is nice enough to wear to work.  I found thank you cards for an upcoming shower and a bag of stuff--4 pkgs. beading cord, leather cording and miscellaneous odds and ends for $1.00.  This will be great for bracelets for gifts!!

  I saved $.30 per gallon on gas using my Kroger points. 

  I purchased a nice looking rhubarb plant to add to my garden.  Perennial veggies are awesome!  I look forward to Rhubarb pie and jam for years to come.  While this was a small outlay of cash it is an investment for our future pantry!

Well, that is about everything for me!  What have you saved money on lately?

Frugal Blessings,
Lisa
 

1 comment:

  1. Some great ideas you have here to save some cash, Lord knows we all need to do that as prices just seem to be going up all the time. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete