What to do with boatloads of zucchini? Shred it, squeeze the water out of it, and freeze in 2 cup baggies for bread all winter long! That's what! Sop you can make chocolate zucchini bread for your family--trust me they will love it!!
Here is my favorite way to use zucchini:
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in zucchini. Transfer to two 8x4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Chocolate Zucchini Bread in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p14
This bread is amazing! I add some raw sugar crystals to the top for a little sweet crunch my family loves! Hope you are blessed with enough zucchini to be able to make this all winter long!
Bountiful Blessings to you all,