Saturday, January 12, 2013

Breaking out my new Pressure Canner

I bit the bullet and ordered a new pressure canner.  I have thought long and hard about this because my mom let me have her old one. I really didn't want to spend the money on a new one because they say they last for ages and ages.  I didn't have the manual, plus I couldn't find a model number to order the correct gasket, and the thing is avacado green!   I really am afraid of using the old one and I really want to start canning a ton of stuff.  So..... I ordered a new one!  After using it today, I am so happy that I went ahead and got a new one.  I had no trouble what so ever with it.  I canned 7 quarts of dried beans and 7 quarts of beef stew. Wow,  that is a bunch to go in my pantry! 
Can you tell which batch I forgot to add vineger to the canner?
The beans!
My beef stew. Thickener is added when you heat the stew--it doesn't hold up in the canner.


Puttin' up Blessings,
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment