Sunday, January 20, 2013

My Pantry, It is a Changing!


Hello all,
  I hope this post finds everyone well and happy today!  In the past I have very proudly showed off pics of my pantry stash full of goodies I have picked up cheaply on sale or using coupons.
See what I mean!  LOOK AT ALL OF THAT PROCESSED FOOD! Lots of processed food products. Lots of additives and chemicals.  
  I guess some (processed) food is better than none!  But I wanted to help my family start to eat better. So I started to can some jams and jellies.  I was hooked on canning.  Then I got a dehydrator and loved using that.  Now I have gotten my own pressure canner and I am loving it!!  I have been processing my own food-sans the additives  and chemicals.
So, here is a pic of my pantry now.
Can you see the difference?  I know, I know, there are still some processed foods but there are many more home canned items on my shelves! Yippe for me!!  I absolutely love canning my own food.  I have canned dried beans, beef stew, jams and jellies, green beans and potatoes.  I cannot wait to can more!   Soups, broth, and canned meats are in my future!
What have you canned for your pantry lately?
 Home canned blessings to you all,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Yippe for you! I've canned everything except meat - on my bucket list. Love my pressure cooker too. Good job making a healthy change. Blessings from Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I cannot believe how fulfilling canning is. I love having home canned convenience foods in my stash!
      Have a great day!
      Lisa

      Delete