Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Last .Week's Frugality

   

Hello to my dear Readers! Thought I fell off of the face of the Earth, didn't you!  I just needed to take a break from the blogging for a while.....a long while! 
  My blog may look different to you these days-no ads or other moneymaking gimmicks.  I have decided to change the scope of my blog.  I have been trying to monetize it for years with little success so now I am just blogging when I feel like it for the fun of it.  So you may see some different things or you may see some old stuff--just never know. So on to Last Week's Frugality.
   I only packed my lunch 3 days last week. I know. I know, I must get back to my good habits of packing.  Hospital food is expensive!
  I found a pair of dress pants for less than $2 at the Goodwill.  I also picked up a couple of tops for my Granddaughter Jordy. They are just adorable and only $1.00 each. She needed some for school this fall.
  I took advantage of some great sale loss leaders at the local County Market.  I was able to add 4 jars of olives($.50 each), 8 cans of diced tomatoes($.50 each), 24 boxes of cake mix(3/$1), and 4 cans of fancy mixed nuts for $2.50 each to my pantry this week.
 I also picked up some peaches that were on sale.  I would like to make some jam with them.  Also, Bing cherries were on sale for  $1.99 a pound so I bought oodles of them--my favorite fruit! If I have any left over from my nibbles, I would love to make some cherry jam for my pantry.

Well, as you can see, frugality hasn't been at the forefront of my mind lately but I hope to get back to it asap!

Frugal Blessings to you all,
Lisa












4

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you're back -- I just sent a comment on your last blog that you had done as I missed this.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete