Monday, March 21, 2016

Last Week's Frugality

 Hello Dear Readers,
     
   I packed my lunch all 5 days last week!  Unfortunately this is the first time in quite a while but I hope to continue this!

    My Aunt passed away several weeks ago and as my Uncle started cleaning out her stuff (she was a borderline hoarder) he set aside a box of stuff to give me.  Practical things like band-aids, gauze, first aid tape, hydrocortisone cream, Benadryl, Neosporin, aspirin and much much more.  I was delighted and thankful to get it all. Now my first aid stash is much improved! Thanks Uncle Howard!

   I saved 60 cents per gallon of gas at Kroger using my Kroger points from buying our meds. Saved almost $6.00 on one fill up!

   As Easter is almost upon us, I used some chocolate wafers I already had and made some Easter Chocolate lollipops for my Grand daughter's and niece's Easter Baskets.  I did buy them each an adorable doggie purse at a hospital fundraiser. I really didn't want to spend that much but the profits go to patient services at our hospital so it was for a great cause! I have cut back on the amount of candy I usually get for them so it evens out.

   Speaking of Easter. I have my Easter meal planned and most I already have in my freezer or pantry.  I have a ham and a large roast in the freezer that I plan on serving along with my make ahead mashed potatoes, green beans from the freezer and 7 layer salad.   My mom is making carrot cake and I plan on making butterscotch pie!  The only thing I will have to buy is the veggies for the salad and rolls. We will have lemonade and iced tea to drink.  I think it will be a very nice meal that won't cost a fortune!

I started a bunch of seeds  last week.  Flower seeds, tomato seeds, and basil seeds.  I hope to start enough tomatoes so as not to have to buy any plants this spring. My dining room looks like a plant nursery! DH is not impressed!!

  I found several items of summer clothes for my Granddaughter at the Goodwill Saturday. I also found several garden flags for a dollar each and purchased 5.  They are so adorable and would have cost at least $9 each at the store.  I did find a top for me--kind of a Boho look but I love it! With a price of $3.49 and half off of that, I can afford to try and change up my style a little bit!

  I have some plans knocking around in my head that I am contemplating but will not be posting until things are firmed up!  I hope to be sharing more in the future though.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!


  What have you done to be frugal last week?  Please share with us!

Frugal blessings,
Lisa






 

No comments:

Post a Comment