Monday, March 14, 2016

Not So New Year, New Goals

  
GOALS


    
   Last year sucked.  Pure and simple.  I broke my ankle twice, had surgery to repair it once, and almost lost my job because of it. My Mom was sick and in and out of the hospital. She finally realized she couldn't be alone at her house and moved in with me. I love her dearly, but learning to live with each other is hard.  She is set in her ways as am I.  My last 3 children flew the coupe and I went through pure he Double hockey sticks when they left.  Empty nest syndrome is REAL and it SUCKS.  So, here are my goals to improve this not so new year!






    1.  Get a life.  My DH and I need to do more things together. Cultivate new interests. Spend quality time together. One evening every other week is our goal.  I hope DH will spend more time with me working on these goals also.





    2.  Set up my craft room.  As I now have a spare bedroom, I am going to create the craft room of my dreams!  Well, since I am on a small budget, at least a functional, if not pretty, craft room!





   3. Improve my writing skills.  I would like to eventually try to submit an article or 2 to a magazine or another blog.  I think that would be too cool.






   4.  Plant and tend to a garden this year.  I built 3 raised beds last year before I broke my ankle so they are still not in use.  I want to try and grow as much food as possible for our family.  Not only will this help financially, but having more fresh veggies should improve our health as well.




  5. Plant a cutting garden.  I love flowers. They make me smile and make me happy so I am going to bring more happiness into my life!
 
  6. Work on tidying up and improving our much neglected yard/porch.  I have already begun by hanging my new wind chimes on the porch but I want to make the outside our happy place.  I would like yard ornaments and yard art all over!  I want to use more edible plants in the landscaping, and plant more fruit trees. Operation Oasis has begun!


  7.  Enter an art quilt in an art show. I started my art quilt. The ideas have been floating around in my head for a few years now, but I have just begun.  At least it is a start and having the craft room set up should facilitate this goal tremendously!




  8 Get back into the frugal mindset. Our budget is faring a little better with all of the kids gone but we need to tighten our belts in order to stay in our current home and prepare for retirement.  Our financial choices haven't always been up to par, but I have to forgive myself and move on. I cannot change the past but I can control the future. So posts on Last Week's Frugality will be upcoming!




  9. Can/preserve as much food as possible. Small batch canning is one area I'm interested in. Dehydration is another.  So look for posts on what I am canning and preserving!




10.  Finally, I plan on using this blog to hold myself accountable and accomplish my goals this year. Posting on my progress will be a huge part of my goals.  I hope to build readership and share the ups and downs of achieving all of my goals this year!  ( I am trying to be positive here!)




I hope you enjoy hearing about and seeing my progress here on Herb and Botanicals Homestead!

Blessings to all,
Lisa




 





No comments:

Post a Comment