Monday, March 28, 2016

Last Week's Frugality

  Last week wasn't a very frugal week but here goes!


    I packed my lunch 3 out of 4 days,  I was off Friday for my birthday! 


   I usually buy a box of Pappas Eggs opera creams for my family for Easter, but I decided to make a batch of Opera Creams instead!  DH loved them but the kids were not as impressed.  I thought they were amazing though!  I'll post on how I made these later this week!


  I found a spiral sliced ham on sale for $1.15 per lb. for Easter dinner.  We also had roast beef and gravy using a roast my Aunt bought for me for Christmas. She always gives me a ham and lately a big beef roast as well!  Thanks Aunt Jane!


  I made pies instead of buying a premade dessert for Easter dinner. My children love butterscotch and lemon meringue pie.  They were very happy campers let me tell you!


  I used my Kroger points to fill up the gas tank.  Saved several dollars!  We use the Kroger Pharmacy so our points add up quick!


  I just found out I get a 3% raise effective yesterday!  I plan on increasing my savings at the credit union by this amount.


  Instead of buying expensive dinner rolls for our Easter dinner, I asked my daughter to pick up several loaves of the Everything bread from Walmart.  It is usually just $1.00 per loaf and it is stinkin' amazing.  For less than the cost of a bag of 6 rolls, we have enough bread for the entire family and then some!  I know baking my own would be much cheaper but I am not that skilled in bread making yet!  So I am happy with this alternative!


  That's about it for Last Week's Frugality--How did you save money last week?




Frugal Blessings,
Lisa


 


 


 


 


 






No comments:

Post a Comment