Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Last Week's Frugality

Icky the Pumpkin Man is back on the porch!
        Last week was a very frugal week!  I was able to save $59.71 on my grocery bill!  I chose the loss leaders and used coupons for them as well! I stayed under my allotted $75 food budget --only spent $72.35.  I was able to get stocked up on Chunky soups, my hubby's pretzels,  Pillsbury biscuits and crescent rolls! 

      The weather was cool last week so we were able to turn off the A/C.

       I cooked a beef roast and stretched it for three meals. My Aunt gave it to me last Christmas.
We had roast beef and vegetables two nights and then beef and noodles another night.  It was a nice big roast and we enjoyed it tremendously! It is especially appreciated because I won't spend my food budget  on such expensive meat!

Two of my faux pumpkins!
        I resisted the urge to buy a pumpkin to carve.  I just put one of my faux pumpkins out on the porch instead--saved $3.99! 


       As some of you know, I take my mother to the Goodwill most Saturdays and this past Saturday was no exception.  I found an American Girl Doll($10) 2 weeks ago and low and behold, I found a box of 18" doll clothes last Saturday!  The box had maybe 12 outfits and 3 pairs of shoes/boots and was only $10!  I am so excited to find the doll and clothes for only $20!  My Granddaughter is going to love them!  Score and Cha ching!!

       I  found a cute little jar for $.50.  It will be adorable filled with small cookies or candy!

      I found a bag of gold mylar shred for $.50.  It will be perfect in a gift basket this Christmas!

      Since my Granddaughter loves to read, I picked up a Disney chapter book for her for a quarter!
This will be given for Christmas also! I try to give books every year to encourage her to read more!

    All in all I had a very good week and got some Christmas gifts purchased!
How did you save last week?


Frugal Blessings!
Lisa


      












        
        
          


        

No comments:

Post a Comment