Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Last Week's Frugality

  Last week was a pretty
frugal week.  Money was very tight, due to the wedding, and we didn't have much extra spending money after the bills were paid. That being said, we only spent about a third of our food budget so we had a little money to spend at the Goodwill and Save a lot!


  We went grocery shopping at our local Meijer and I was able to use my mPerks rewards for $8.00 off of our $31 total purchase.  Those mPerks sure add up!


   I used my Kroger points to get $.50 off per gallon of gas.  Savings of about $5 for the tank fill up!


   I cooked a pork roast that we found on sale, and made BBQ. We ate 3 meals out of it and then I froze two meals for future use. Batch cooking saves time and money--one prep, several meals cooked at one time! Win Win!!

  Every Saturday we have been going to Big Lots before going to the Goodwill.  I have been asked several times to join the rewards program there and turned them down.  This time the lady explained that every 3rd shopping trip they give you a $5.00 off coupon by email!  That is huge!  I can use the coupon to stock up on pasta, soups, and other things!  I checked my email  this morning,and there was a $5.00 off welcome coupon!!!  This will pay for my pantry stash additions this week!  I'll take free food!!


 I found a pair of black dress pants at the Goodwill for just $2.49!  Just what I needed for work!! And by having an extra pair of work pants, we will not have to wash my work clothes so often! Score!   My DH found a beautiful sweater for just $3.50! I love the Goodwill on Half off days!


 My Uncle gave us some tomatoes--the last of his garden!  Thanks Uncle Howard! His generosity with his garden produce has truly been a blessing to our family this summer and fall! He also sent me a few books on home hacks. Maybe I'll share some of these with you all in a future blog post!


  Well, that is about it for my family's savings last week!  How have you saved money lately?


Frugal Blessings,
Lisa
 
 
 


 
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment