Monday, October 17, 2011

I sold Soap this weekend!

Almond Scented Soap

It is official--I am in the soap business!!  My cousin and I attended a local flea market Saturday. I took my soaps, bath teas, shower spa bags, and Herbed beer bread mix and made up 8 loaves of my beer bread.  My beer bread was gone the first 45 minutes and I sold several bars of my soap.  I was able to hand out business cards and talk it up pretty much.  I was a little down because I didn't sell more, but at least I sold some!  So,  Christina and I will be going back next month and I will make 3 times the beer bread, and take more soap.  Hopefully I'll sell more of both!
 Anyone else trying to start up a new business?  I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Way to go. I hope that you can sell more next time. I haven't tried to sell things at fairs, just extra produce from our garden.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,
    I wish I lived near you. I would for sure be buying fresh produce! You all have sold quite a bit this year haven't you. It's hard to believe you all have less than 3 acres and raise so much food/animals. We have 1.25 acres but our septic system takes up over half of it. If we had good soil, it wouldn't be so bad but we have hard pan clay--I planted corn in the past and it only grew about 3 feet high! Everything is in miniature!
    What I wouldn't give for nice rich soil to grow my veggies in!
    Hope you have a great day!
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete