Thursday, October 13, 2011

White Chicken Chili

One of my families favorite soup is White Chicken Chili.  I first had this at a restaurant and loved it.  Tried to find a recipe for it and finally found one on the Bushes Northern Bean can.  It is so simple to make a quick meal.  I must confess, I do not buy canned beans anymore so I use dried northern beans--cook them in the crockpot and add to my soup pot.  You can cheat and use canned chicken to make it even easier and quicker.  Of course you can also sub your homemade chicken broth as well. This recipe doubles well! With my crew, I know this for a fact!

Bushes White Chicken Chili

1 tbsp extra light olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 (4-oz) can chopped green chiles, drained
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tsp ground cumin
2 (14.5-oz) cans Bush's Great Northern Beans
1 (14.5-oz) can reduced sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast



In large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent. Add chiles, flour and cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; cook until hot.
Garnish with cheese, sour cream and salsa, if desired
This recipe serves 6.
Hope you enjoy this quick easy meal!
What is your favorite soup or stew?
Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment