Saturday, November 19, 2011

On the Road!

Well, Yesterday was an extremely long day. My DD#2 wanted to audition for the Phantom Regiment Drum Corp  color guard. So after investigating bus trips and flights to Beloit Wisconsin, I decided to drive her. Let me tell you it was a long trip!  We left our house at 4am, made it to Indy by 6:30, then south of Gary IN by 8:30. we stopped there because Cracker Barrel was calling our names. After about an hour and a half, we continued on. The Chicago loop was bumper to bumper most of the way through. Kaitlyn programmed the GPS to not take us on toll roads so we got a very extensive tour of Illinois and Wisconsin! After ourn scenic trip through the southern part of Wisconsin, we finally arrived in Beloit at 1pm Beloit(2pm our time).  We checked into our motel and tried to take a nap before Kait had to be at the auditions at 5. That was a no go--the 3 cans of Diet Dew said no thank you to that!  So we went shopping at Wal-mart since we couldn't sleep. I did bring several books to read but Tom sleeps til about noon everyday, so I bought a few craft items to work on while I am waiting for Grumpy(or maybe sleepy would be more appropriate!) to awake.
  I am thinking muslin candy cane ornies would be simple to hand sew.  I also picked up some beads and earring wires.  I think I'll try my hand at  a few pairs of earrings. I found a cheap 3 in 1 tool for jewelry making.  I spent about $20 on craft supplies but at least I'll be able to keep the boredom at bay and I'll have some cute new ornies and earrings to boot! I'll post pics of all when I get home.
 
Blessings,
Lisa

PS  Wisconsin is a very friendly place--everyone has been so nice and I love how they roll their o's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment