Monday, January 16, 2012

Birthdays x 3!!

Wow, yesterday was party heaven for our family.  We celebrated 3 birthdays--My M-I-L, my DH, and my DS-I-L. I made three, count them, 3 cakes(well one was a set of cupcakes).

German chocolate is my Son-in-law's favorite!



I made flower cupcakes for my Mother-in-law Rose.

And this is Tom's cake--Dole Pineapple Cake AKA Tom's Birthday Cake. I make this for him every year--it's his favorite!

We also had spaghetti and meatballs, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and my Cheddar Beer Bread. I guess you all know what I did all day Sunday--COOK!

The Dole Pineapple Cake Recipe is as follows:

1 can crushed pineapple drained and reserve juice
1small box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 12 oz. Cool Whip
1 Family sized Sara Lee frozen pound cake
Almond Extract
Rum Extract
1 can Pineapple slices
Marachino Cherries
Sliced Almonds

Slice pound cake into 3 pieces legnth ways while frozen. Add 1 teaspoon each of the extracts to pineapple juice and dribble onto each layer of pound cake. Try to use it all. Mix drained pineapple with cool whip and pudding mix. Add 1 teaspoon of each extract to pineapple mix. Put bottom layer of cake onto tray and then use pineapple mix to ice the top of it. Add middle layer then ice and then the top and ice. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.  Arrange 3 pineapple slices on top then half rings around bottom on plate-- 3 half slices  per side and one on each end. Garnish with marachino cherries inside each pineapple ring and half ring.  Chill before serving. If you have leftovers--store in refrigerator. That is not a problem at our house!!  Hope your family enjoys this cake as much as my family does!
Blessings,
Lisa       

1 comment:

  1. That cake of Tom's looks so yummy!!!! I can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete