Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year! What are your resolutions?

                                                   #56354 Royalty-Free (Rf) Clip Art Illustration Of A Cute Strawberry Blond New Year Baby Wearing A Gold Sash And Hat Surrounded By Confetti by pushkin

Hello and Happy New Year!  I hope everyone had a nice holiday season! I know I did!  This is the time for making goals and making resolutions for the new year. What are your resolutions this year?
      Well, I have been thinking about mine.  I am diabetic and my HA1C is very high--10.7 to be exact. It should be about 6-7. I have been feeling very tired and run down, so I am going to try to work on this and get it down this year.  I would like to get it down to 7 by March.  It is an average of  my glucose levels for a 3 month period.  To do this, I am going to try to eat more raw foods, foods with more fiber, fewer carbs along with walking for exercise.  
     Since I spent too much on Christmas this year, I need to have a no spend January.  The only expenses to pay will be normal bills, and gas. 
   In addition, for the month I am having a pantry Challenge.  I only want to spend $10 week on milk and eggs. I bought tons of stuff to eat during the holidays and still have lots left over.  I still have the turkey my work gave us and I purchased 6 boneless hams on sale when it was $1.39 per lb.  I have a 25lb bag of flour left and plan on using my Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day book weekly! Love that book! I should save $40 per week in grocery money!  That will help with the budget so much!
    I  want to start paying $50 per month extra on the house.  I have always paid at least $25 per month but really want to raise it to $50 each month.
    I want to put at least $1000 into my emergency fund.  I didn't quite make that goal last year so I am behind.
   Decluttering my house. My kids tell me I will soon be on the show Hoarders! Well, It is cluttered but it isn't that bad--I promise--really! I want to build shelves in the laundry room to hold my stash and my craft supplies by February--remember--No spend month in January!

So there you have it--my goals/resolutions for the new year!
Welcome 2012--Hope the New Year brings health and prosperity to all!
Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment