Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Last Week's Frugality

  Last week wasn't as frugal as I would have liked!  We had an 80th birthday party for my Mother so it was a little expensive.  Lots of leftovers-which we are eating on this week!  Cannot let them go to waste!
  I packed my lunch all five days last week.  It is too convenient to charge lunch on my name badge for payroll deduction.  It makes the fact that I packed all the better! 
  I used digital coupons at Kroger and saved almost $50 on my last order!  They really add up and lots are for things I have purchased in the past--some are tailored to each customer! 
  I mended a night gown that was ripped. This is my favorite nighty that I have had for years and years!  I'll wear it until it wears out!
  I shop at Big Lots and have found that their off brand of canned chicken breast meat is just $1.74 per can as opposed to Swanson's that is $2.75.  I added 2 cans to my pantry. This makes 10 cans total in my stash--remember my goal of 6 months of food stocked. 
  My cousin gave us a mess of turnips!  Not my favorite but free is great--thanks Charles!
  I bought 2 more whole boneless hams for 99 cents per lb.  I cut them in 4 equal pieces and froze them. A quarter ham will feed our family of four very well for less than $3 for the meat for a meal.  You can slice and fry or bake it-yummy!

That's about it for my family last week.  How have you and yours saved money? I would love to hear about your saving ways!


Frugal Blessings,
Lisa
  

No comments:

Post a Comment