Monday, February 18, 2019

Last Week's Frugality

  Hello Dear Readers! 
     Hope this writing finds you well. So Let's get right into it!
I packed my lunch 3out of 4 days last week.  I missed a day and a half of work due to a raging cold that I still have despite a trip to urgent care and 3 prescriptions later.
  We saved $.80 per gallon on gas using our Kroger points.  That was almost a $8.00 savings!
   I used coupons to get my clothes detergent $1 cheaper per bottle--$4.00 savings!
  I found spaghetti sauce for just $.82 per can and added 6 to my pantry. Combined with my $.49 per lb. spaghetti, this will be a super cheap meal!  This will be my go to price for spaghetti sauce from now on!  I found the Del Monte sauce at Wal-Mart.
   My DH was out of coffee so when Meijer had it on sale buy one get one for a dollar, we stocked up on 4 canisters!  Saved over $10!
   I found several green and yellow peppers in the reduced bin at Meijer. Saved about $2 on the 5 peppers!  The peppers will make an awesome Unstuffed Pepper Casserole!(recipe coming soon!) My family LOVES it!
  I purchased two more cans of the chicken breast from Big Lots to add to my pantry stash. I am getting close to having about 3 months worth of food and household supplies.  I am about half way to my goal of 6 months worth of pantry stash!  Go Me!!
 Now I just need to figure out where to put it!
  We switched from fi-optics to spectrum cable for our phone cable, and internet needs in order to save $40 per month. Well, the internet connection has not been very reliable( I am being very nice about this) so my DH(who just has to have cable) called and has gotten our bill adjusted because of the crappy internet service .  Have saved $13 so far!
   Well, that's about all from my house-What have you been saving on this week?
Frugal Blessings,
Lisa


 




  




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment