Thursday, February 7, 2019

Where I have been and new Goals!

Winter Sky
  Wow,  it has been quite a while since I posted last!  I guess the big news is that my  stage 4 colon cancer reared its ugly head again.  It was found on a scan I had in mid October of last year and boy was I gobsmacked by the news!  I knew the cancer would probably come back, but really didn't expect it to come back within the first year and a half.  Sooooooo......I had to have surgery to resect the tumor in my abdominal wall and then when they got in there they found two or three more spots on my small intestine and omentum(fatty covering of the colon). So the tumor was removed, small intestine was resected two times, and the omentum was removed during a 6+ hour surgery. It was rough recovering from the lengthy surgery but I finally made it!  Lol!! 
  I was  able to go back to work in mid January and am feeling good now!
So look for more posts from yours truly in the future! I am getting back in the groove!!
  I have new goals I am working on--the cancer caught us in a rough spot financially and I am determined to improve our circumstances so when/if the cancer comes back, we won't have so many financial worries.  I will be as prepared as I possibly can be both mentally and financially! I AM DETERMINED!!!


 My goals are:
                        1. To have a 6 month supply of food and household needs in my Pantry  stash by December 2019


                        2. To save $2000 by the end of 2019


                        3. To help others in need next Christmas( As we were helped last
       Christmas-God really showed his handiwork through others!)


                        4. To go on a date night with my DH once a month

                        5. To take better care of myself both mentally and physically


  I hope you will follow my progress on the above goals and help hold me accountable for meeting all of them! 


Blessings,
Lisa
 

No comments:

Post a Comment