Sunday, February 19, 2012

Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

Since I have decided not to purchase so many processed foods , I am having to find homemade recipes for may things my family loves to eat.  One of the things I have learned to make is Buttermilk Ranch salad dressing.  A favorite of my husband,  ranch dressings cannot be cut out of our diet so here is a quick way to make this old standby favorite:
Buttermilk Ranch

1/3 cup plain yogurt
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/4 tsp  salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp dried dill

Just mix in a pint mason jar and shake.
Makes one cup of dressing.  If you would prefer, you can sub mayo for the plain yogurt.
Thyme or basil can also be substituted for the dill for a different flavor. Do not be afraid to substitute!
 Mmmm......My family loves it! It is delicious and has no preservatives! This is a fast fresh way to stop using the processed dressings.
Blessings,
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Great! I have been looking for a homemade ranch dressing! How about posting this on my "Made From Scratch" Blog Hop?

    http://grandmamadoesit.blogspot.com/2012/02/made-from-scratch-blog-hop-number-8.html

    Thanks for the recipe!
    Lisa
    The Way Grandmama Does It

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted! Thanks for inviting me!
      Blessings,
      Lisa

      Delete
  2. We like homemade ranch dressing better than store bought. Have a wonderful evening.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete