Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Gratituesday


  
For the last few months, I have been struggling with sadness, depression, and feelings that I need to be doing more.  More to help our finances, more to help out others, more of everything.  I have been putting pressure on myself-expecting that if I do more I would be happier and things would be better. Well, after a day of doing less this past Saturday,  and doing things that I love on Sunday (sewing, crafting and quilting), I finally felt happier than I have felt in a long time.  I think I have been suffering from severe depression since my emergency surgery in May.  I just didn’t feel like myself anymore.   I didn’t want to read(which was a passion).  We didn’t even open the pool this year and swimming is the only sport or exercise I love.  I didn’t want to do much of anything that I had enjoyed doing in the past.  I know, I know, that doesn’t make much sense but that is how I felt. 

  So, I threw myself into doing more.  I think I have been putting so much pressure on myself to accomplish more to help my family and in the mean time I had lost my joy in life.  I’m not saying that I shouldn’t try to improve my family’s situation, just not put so much pressure on myself to do so much.  I need to find time to do the things that I love to do too—reading, quilting, sewing, and decorating my home.  My soul needs the joy I find in my hobbies and crafts.  I have to help myself first so that I can help my family in the future. 

  So, today I am truly grateful for finding a little joy in my life this past weekend!  I am realizing that less is truly more!
Grateful Blessings to you all,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you friend.
    May God fill you with His peace and joy.
    Keep your eyes on Him and everything else will be ok.
    My motto for myself. :)
    Woolie Blessings

    ReplyDelete