Sunday, October 6, 2013

Project Homemade Christmas-- Cocoa Recipe


   One thing I plan on making for Christmas gifts is homemade cocoa mix. I put the mix into ziplock baggies and then into an embellished lunch bag. I fold over the top of the bag and hole punch it twice then tie a ribbon or string through to close the bag. Remember to put a tag on the tie to give the recipient the directions for use. This is a quick recipe or inexpensive gift that is just perfect for the cooler weather!

Homemade Cocoa Mix

1 1/2 cups nonfat instant milk powder
1 cup powdered coffee creamer
1 ¼ cup sugar or Splenda
2/3 cup cocoa powder

Add all of the above ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix until blended well. Store in a ziplock baggie or jar. Use 3-4 T per 8 oz. hot water. I love having this mix on hand for my family during the blustery cold winter! So lovely and warming!

Homemade Blessings to you all,
Lisa

This post is shared here:
Little Homestead on the Hill

4 comments:

  1. Your photo caught my eye because I have those same dishes! haha

    Love this idea for Christmas - I was just blogging about how I'm going to prep earlier this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both have great taste!! I love my Folk Art dishes! Thanks for stopping by-Come back real soon! Good luck on your Christmas prepping!
      Blessings Friend,
      Lisa

      Delete
  2. Hi there! Found this post on the Homemade Monday's blog hop. I can't wait to make this and take it with us when we do fall camping. I imagine I'll pour a little mint or butterscotch schnapps in mine, especially while around a campfire :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Kelli! "Special" hot cocoa by the campfire sounds wonderful!
    Hope you stop back real soon!
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete