Friday, September 2, 2011

Goals for the rest of 2011

S.I.R.M.
     All goals should be: Specific
                                      Individual
                                      Realistic
                                      Measureable

As you can see on the left side of this blog, I have posted goals for the rest of the year.  I think they qualify as decent SIRM goals. I am the one who will be doing them, all have dates when the need to be completed by, all are relistic, and all are measureable. Are they completed or not? By posting them, I will be more motivated to get them completed...I hope.  Especially the weight goal. I am a type 2 diabetic and my glucose levels have been sky high.  I think I am in diabetic burn out--I come last on the totem pole of life and by the time I get all else completed, I am just tired, so tired. So I forget to take my meds and shots which =high blood glucose--Did I mention HIGH glucose levels.  I have to lose weight and start exercising more. So you all need to keep me accountable!! Please!
   I have probably 1/3 of my Christmas shopping completed so I want to get it done well in advance of the busy holiday season.  I think this will be very doable. This will help me keep my sanity in November and December. ;)
   Stocking in all of my holiday baking and candy making supplies will be tough.  I go overboard every year--it's my thing, you know! It gets so expensive so I am trying to cut out the expensive items and bake/make more simple basic goodies.
Nuts will be my one extravagance! Cannot bake without them!
  I found a recipe for Cherry Bombs, Cherry cordial and want to make it.  I will post the recipe and pics when I get it done.
  I have started making the salt dough shapes that I put in my homemade Potpourri.
Pumkin shapes go in the Autumn scented batch and the Halloween mix, Leaf shapes go in the Fall batch, Pine tree shapes go in the Christmas Tree batch, and Gingerbread boys go in the Gingerbread scented batch. I love adding these prim shapes to my pot-pourri--it makes it so cute. My goal is to Delight  the Senses with my products. Sight and smell=wonderful pot-pourri!
  I also plan on giving baskets of my homemade jams and jellies as gifts so I need to make at least 30 jars--hopefully more!

   I will be posting on my successes or failures with my new goals for the rest of the year.  Your support will be so appreciated....maybe I can inspire you to set a few goals and help you have a more relaxing holiday season!

Blessings,
Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment