Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Savings

Today I made a trip to Kroger to pick up a prescription and picked up a few items I had coupons for.


I had a coupon for $.50 off of dawn, and a coupon for a free box of Betty Crocker Potatoes. When I checked the clearance cart I found 2 pkgs. of Betty Crocker potatoes for only $.29 each.  So grabbed those.  This wasn't a big order, but I only  spent $1.66 and saved $1.50!  Almost met my goal of 50% savings!  I don't need these items right now so they go into the stash.  See, you can spend just a little a week to build your stash!  Just keep on looking for those deals and using coupons.

Blessings,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. My sister is always talking about deals like that. Our grocery stores don't do that out in the West, at least not were we live.

    You got some great deals this weekend.

    Have a great day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad they don't give and let you use coupons so much. Do the markets have ads with loss leaders on sale? That would help--just stocking up on those. But you all are growing most of your food--that is savings! I wish my hubby was able to help with gardening. I have to amend so much on my little garden plots--almost more work than it is worth. I do keep trying-you are very inspiring!
    Thanks for the comment and have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete