Thursday, January 16, 2014

Choosing to be Happy


    Lately I have been feeling like I need a change in my life. I have been in a depressing rut.  I have not been happy.

    This morning I read an article in good Housekeeping Magazine about how to live richer and happier.  I have been so worried about our money situation and just so obsessed about our financial future that I am not enjoying my life now.  The way I am going I won’t be enjoying life anytime soon. This has to stop!  I do not mean I want to stop my goal of increasing my income, but I have to start living in the present and for the future.  Worrying about it won’t help anything. I have to let go…… and let God!

  I have to concentrate on what I have, not what I don’t have.  “There are people with money and there are people who are rich.” Said Coco Chanel and this is so true!  I am rich!  I have the best family a girl could want!  I have a paid off car, a roof over my head and food in my belly.  I am rich.  I have great friends, I have a job with insurance, and I have God to look out for me. I am rich in everything that matters and I need to remember this and be  grateful.     
                                                                                                

  The article in Good Housekeeping also said that if we give we will receive.  Think about that.  Those who give to others, be it money, time, or love do get something back in return. They get a sense of accomplishment.  They get fulfillment. They often get love back in return.  What a blessing it is to help others! Random acts of kindness are wonderful ways to minister to others and minister to your soul.  Pay your blessings forward:  volunteer in the community, donate food to a food pantry, open the door for an elderly or handicapped person-Just do something for others. Wave at a neighbor, say hello to a stranger, be open to other’s needs, and remember a smile cost you nothing!

  If we concentrate on what we can do for others and what we are blessed with, we can enjoy a happier richer life! 

Grateful blessings to you all,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. "Give and it shall be given unto you - good measure pressed down shaken together" This verse/song rang through my head as I read this post. Building "spiritual wealth" is priceless! Blessings from Ringle, WI.

    ReplyDelete