Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cake Decorating --one of my many loves!


When I was a Junior in high school, I took an adult education class in cake decorating.  That was the best $11  I have ever spent!  Every night I would come home and teach my mom everything I learned in class. It was such an adventure.  When my children were little, I made all of their Birthday cakes--with four children I save a boatload of money and the kids were thrilled with my creations. Well through the years my mom and I would be asked to make wedding cakes.  We had practiced making cakes for my grandparents anniversaries so we made any cake we were asked to do.  Well, my mom isn't able to help any more so I bake by myself these days and enjoy the creativity!  Here are a few of my cakes:













This one was truly a labor of love--My Daughter's wedding cake.
It  had german chocolate, yellow, strawberry, red velvet, and carrot cake.  All cakes were filled with a special filling. The sides looked like woven ribbon with pearls at each criss cross. Decorated with live roses, babys breath and greens.  I worked on it for over 14 hours. Boy was I a tired mess! 
Well, I hope you enjoyed looking at some of my cakes!
If you think you would like to learn,  take a class or watch youtube videos. Just try.
It will certainly save you money making your families cakes!

Blessings,
Lisa

PS.  Just wait till you see what I'm working on this week! One of my most ambitious cakes yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment