Monday, August 29, 2011

Stocking the freezer!

My uncle brought me a big box of corn this weekend.  He is blessed with wonderful soil in his back yard garden. Oh, and also a fence!  No deer to feed on his produce, no sirree!  I, on the other hand,  am not that fortunate--my yard is hard pan clay with no fence.  The top soil was bulldozed off to get the house built.  Growing anything is a chore except for crabgrass! But anyway, back to the corn. So Sunday I shucked , blanched, quick cooled and bagged 50 plus ears of corn.  Now I realize many of you have much more to process, but this was my first time freezing corn on the cob. By myself. All alone. And I had to arrange roses for my sons girlfriend in the middle of it.  My, oh my, do I feel good about getting it done. By myself, All alone! 

Blessings,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. It is a lot of work, but so worth it. I have never froze corn on the cob. I just don't have the freezer room.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete